This was a true “just winged it and threw it together” kind of recipe that turned out to be a delicious family favorite. It’s quick, easy, and perfect for meal prep.
- 4 cups water
- 1 lb orzo
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 leek or small onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons organic chicken base
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach leaves, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup half and half or milk
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- Ground pepper to taste
- Parsley (for garnish)
Place the first seven ingredients into the Instant Pot. Cook for eight minutes at high pressure, and then quick-release the pressure when done.
Remove chicken and slice/cube/shred as desired. Return chicken to pot and switch to low sauté setting.
Add the remaining ingredients (except the parsley) to the pot and stir well until spinach has wilted. Garnish with parsley and serve.